Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N4 Lucan Rd

Options
  • 04-10-2007 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Ok , so what has happened to the Lucan road this week?

I usually drive up from the M4 at about 06:45 , the traffic is usually heavy with a 5 min wait at the Newcastle lights , then ok ( I turn off at Liffey Valley ).

But this week......... 10 mins at the Newcastle lights , then solid from way before Woodies.... it used to be like that before the ' free flow ' at the M50 junction .

Has the traffic slow at that junction changed , or is everyone getting up earlier or somtthing :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Its not just there... its everywhere this week. Yesterday in Blanch was the worst i have seen it! Took me over 20 mins to get from PC world the the roundabout at westpoint???
    Unreal.... The rain has not helped matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Davidth88 wrote:
    Ok , so what has happened to the Lucan road this week?

I usually drive up from the M4 at about 06:45 , the traffic is usually heavy with a 5 min wait at the Newcastle lights , then ok ( I turn off at Liffey Valley ).

But this week......... 10 mins at the Newcastle lights , then solid from way before Woodies.... it used to be like that before the ' free flow ' at the M50 junction .

Has the traffic slow at that junction changed , or is everyone getting up earlier or somtthing :)

The queue here was an hour and 20 minutes on wednesday morning. This morning is was less than 10 minutes. Not sure why such a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

So whats happened ?

I was really quite pleased with the work done at the M50/N4 interchange it's made a real difference up till now.. then suddenly bang it's back to square one again !

Maybe the old poverb , 'if you build it they will come ' has come true and the roadspace has filled up.

So the Navan rd is the same eh !

Had there been a series of accidents or something ?

If I end up getting up any earlier , I won't bother going to bed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's cold and raining.

So more people are driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

I think the outer ring road from the N7 to the N4 has made things worse on the N4.

There are more changes happening at this junction this weekend. So Monday will either be really bad or really good or somewhere in between ( Im a big help )

• Advertisement
Advertisement