Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Question on Transfer of Funds

Options
  • 04-10-2007 3:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help me out on this. I want to transfer money between two current accounts within the Republic of Ireland, and would like to know how long the transfer procedure takes.

If I want to transfer funds online from my account with the AIB to an account with The Bank of Ireland (for example), will it be as immediate as an internal AIB funds transfer, or will there be a delay because of the nature of the (external) transfer between accounts in two different banks?

Does it usually depend on the sums of money involved? What sort of delay ought I expect?

I would ask in a bank but they don't open until ten, and I figure some boardsies must know... Thanks in advanvce!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Don't think the sum will matter, as long as you are allowed to transfer that amount online.

I find it varys greatly when transfering from one bank to a different bank... sometimes it's the next day, and sometimes it's a couple of days.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The amount won't matter, but you will be looking at a day or two delay, it's not an instant process

Advertisement