Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is "REFERRAL CHARGE" ?

Options
  • 04-10-2007 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

"REFERRAL CHARGE" has shown on my bank statement online with a charge next to it.

I'm with AIB and it's on my current account.

I'm not in the mood to ring up telephone banking right now and check - does anyone know what it's for?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

This is a charge applied when a bank makes a payment which creates or extends an unauthorised overdraft. It's up to the bank whether they make this payment except for an authorised cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That makes sense. They just charge you and move on, right? It has no other effect on anything elsE?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

The charge can be per item or per day. It's usually applied on the date in question so if it's just appearing there in the middle of your statement it sounds like a one off.

Advertisement