Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are iPod Touch's in stores yet?

Options
  • 03-10-2007 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭

As the title suggest's are they available to buy in stores yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

as far as i know they are coming in small quantities and i think (not sure) they're all the faulty models. I'm waiting for someone to clarify this for me before i buy

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Bought a touch today: http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.4118

feel free to ask me any questions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Was it worth €400?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

probably not, bought it completely on impulse... I'm quite broke now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I was in town in Dublin 2day and couldnt find it anywhere i went in 2 a 3g store but all they had was the classic and the new nano. Argos had them in their books but said that they would be delivered to your house.

• Advertisement

yeah i can't seem to find one anyone anywhere either, starting to wonder if i should just wait and get you from the states in 4 weeks.....but i want it now!!!

It's been a really low profile release, most places don't have them and even less seem to know about it.

Hallelujah i got one. I rang 3 differnt 3g stores b4 i found one that had one left. They only had the 16gb one which i dint want really but when i thought about it its actually pretty good value for the extra.

I have to say that i loved it immediately its so sweet. Its an awesome piece of kit.

which 3g store was this?

Ashleaf Shopping Centre in Crumlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

The Digital Store in dundrum had them today. Its on the 2nd floor, underneath the food court. Not sure which models, but there were deffo some in the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Dman001 wrote:
    Was it worth €400?

got one a week ago from the states and i'm going to go with yes it is worth 400 the only annoying thing i've found is that you can't play any flash when you use safari and sometimes when you go to flip it sideways it stays vertical but other than that its great:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭matchthis

got one in o2, one of the greatest things I have ever bought. Actually, I'm writing this post on it. Interface and keyboard is amazing. Doesn't do flash, but youtube is excellent on it. No point in getting the 8gb, too small. I'd have kicked myself. The bigger screen is perfect for movies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Which O2 store matchthis?

was in naas, they got it sent in from another store. They were saying that they are hard to come by, but could see on their system where had them and to get one. So if you give one shop a ring, they can tell you where to get one or even get it sent into them. They had 5 in arklow and was even considering driving down cause i didn't want to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

amull87 wrote:
    as far as i know they are coming in small quantities and i think (not sure) they're all the faulty models. I'm waiting for someone to clarify this for me before i buy

Not exactly true. One batch that came to Ireland had Touches with faulty screens. These had serials beginning with 7C37 or something like that. Part of the week 27 batch. They all had Corinne Bailey-Rae on the box. These were the first lot to arrive here and mostly made it to the top Apple resellers in the country. If you do get a fault one, it will easily be replaced. The newest batch, which has hit the majority of 'high street stores' has Macy Gray on the cover and there are no problems with these units.

ps: I have had mine for nearly three weeks and I LOVE it!

alright then, thanks for clearing that up 440Hz, i think it's about time I went shopping!!!

440Hz wrote:
    Not exactly true. One batch that came to Ireland had Touches with faulty screens. These had serials beginning with 7C37 or something like that. Part of the week 27 batch. They all had Corinne Bailey-Rae on the box. These were the first lot to arrive here and mostly made it to the top Apple resellers in the country. If you do get a fault one, it will easily be replaced. The newest batch, which has hit the majority of 'high street stores' has Macy Gray on the cover and there are no problems with these units.

ps: I have had mine for nearly three weeks and I LOVE it!

Have Corinne on the front of mine and no bother, must be a few of them..

matchthis wrote:
    Have Corinne on the front of mine and no bother, must be a few of them..

Have you run the test?

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/small/ipod-touch/

I thought mine was fine until I checked it out. Also... check the serial, if its 9C737 or 9C736 type one, then you should look for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

If I buy 1 in the states and it turns out to be faulty can I get it replaced here.
    Is there any quick way of check if the screen is faulty

440Hz wrote:
    Have you run the test?

I thought mine was fine until I checked it out. Also... check the serial, if its 9C737 or 9C736 type one, then you should look for a replacement.

Thanks for posting this up i was a little nervous when i was reading it that my ipod would be in the bad batch.

But i tried the test and it worked out fine, no need for me to go changeing my new fav gadget :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭memeandmark

Hello...would I be able to get one around the midlands..lookin for the 8GB???thanks

just picked up a 16G in O2 Experience on Henry Street. the guys said they had a good few of both if that's any help to anyone

richieg wrote:
    If I buy 1 in the states and it turns out to be faulty can I get it replaced here.
    Is there any quick way of check if the screen is faulty

Thats about as quick a check as you will get.

European warranty would cover you. If it was a machine you would be in a better position. Id check for sure either in an Apple Store over there or ring them here first. It *should* be ok. Chances are the batches in the states will probably be fine at this stage though.

Thanks for posting this up i was a little nervous when i was reading it that my ipod would be in the bad batch.

But i tried the test and it worked out fine, no need for me to go changeing my new fav gadget :D

No prob! Glad all is healthy and well for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Neo-Dragon

Hey.
    Any idea what stores are stocking the Ipod Touch?
    I went to Argos, Carphone Warehouse and others like dixons and power city and still nothing. Alot of the new nanos and classics, but not Touchs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

amull87 wrote:
    just picked up a 16G in O2 Experience on Henry Street. the guys said they had a good few of both if that's any help to anyone

Just rang these guys

They have 4 X 16GB and 8 x 8GB in stock as of this morning.

I picking a 16gb up at lunchtime :)

Try Apple resellers rather than just high street stores. I presume you are asking about Dublin?

Have a look at the store map for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bloomfield

Picked up a 16GB model from the O2 Experience store on Grafton Street. They had the 8GB model box on display, so I guess they have those in stock too.

Advertisement