Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering South America

Options
  • 03-10-2007 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All!!

I'm currently thinking about volunteering abroad, South America in particular. I'm looking for information and advice really about reputable organisations etc....Does anyone have any experience in this area??

Thanks a lot!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

The cheapest way to do it is just turn up there and look at the many noticeboards in hostels with signs looking for people. They´re all over the place. Well I saw them in Peru and Ecuador. It´s also how I got my current position in Nicaragua. I know a place in the Bolivian Amazon if you want to work with animal (read:clean up after animals).

If you want to do it over the net, or with an agency you´ll probably end up spending a few grand beforehand.

Advertisement