Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zepto Laptops

Options
  • 03-10-2007 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any knowlege of this Danish crowd?

http://uk.zepto.com/Shop/Default.aspx

They have a special offer on a nice 14" with a 512mb 8600M GT etc. Pretty similar to a Vostro 1500 for a slightly higher price but looks a different and has a smaller screen and a 512 card instead of a 256.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

B00MSTICK wrote:
    Anyone have any knowlege of this Danish crowd?

http://uk.zepto.com/Shop/Default.aspx

They have a special offer on a nice 14" with a 512mb 8600M GT etc. Pretty similar to a Vostro 1500 for a slightly higher price but looks a different and has a smaller screen and a 512 card instead of a 256.

I doubt the 8600gt can use any more than 256mb. This is a marketing ploy to make the card appear better than it is. As for zepto I have never heard of them so I have no idea what they are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Seems to do better in 3d mark than similar specced laptops with 256mb cards. It also uses DDR3 while the Dell uses DDR2 if im not mistaken. Its really the smaller screen that I like though. Seems they may be able to squeeze a 8800M into a 15.4" though so I might see how that goes anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

B00MSTICK wrote:
    Seems to do better in 3d mark than similar specced laptops with 256mb cards. It also uses DDR3 while the Dell uses DDR2 if im not mistaken. Its really the smaller screen that I like though. Seems they may be able to squeeze a 8800M into a 15.4" though so I might see how that goes anyway.

The dells definintely use ddr2, I didn't know the zepto was ddr3. That will give it an edge over the dell. I doubt they could squeez an 8800 into a 15.4" screen when they can't get a 7900gs in there but I hope I am wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Are you sure it's 512mb of ddr3? I thought only some Asus laptop had actual 512mb ddr3

512mb ddr2 8600gt is worthless really and in fact it's actually not even much use even if its a ddr3 model because of the 128-bit bandwith which would throttle it anyway

i've never used a zepto but I've heard generally good things about them

Advertisement