Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Customer service

Options
  • 03-10-2007 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Has anyone had problems with ordering online with dell?
    I have ordered laptop 2 weeks ago and have not got order number. I got a IR number, when entered into the status page it brings back no information.
    The "customer service" team keep telling me to go to sales and reorder the laptop as they would love the commission!!!!

The credit card was fine, yet they are unable to tell me what the problem with my order is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

Check with your credit card company and if the payment has not been deducted from your credit card then it would appear that the order failed so you can just place the order again.

If they have charged your credit card then the customer service dept should be able to track your order from your credit card number or from the email address you entered for the order confirmation to be sent to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

ive had the exact same thing happen to me, i ordered 3 weeks ago, im a student so my aunt is taking a loan on on my behalf that i will be paying her back she faxed and posted an invoice to them 2 and a half weeks ago. so far the Ir number i got says absolutly nothing about my order and when i called the call centre they seemed to know about as much as i did about it, starting to get a little iritated as there was money-off when i ordered it and that offer has since expired, so im probably going to have to pay more for the same laptop:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Not sure if this is any use or not but that IR number seems to be useless. I ordered a laptop off Dell and was using the IR number to check the order statues. It stayed on 'pre-production' for days and then it just got delivered without the order status changing from the 'pre-production' stage.
    Incidentally when you ordered did you receive an estimated delivery date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

no estimated delivery date but the site repeatedly suggests ten days. googling "dell deliveries" suggests, they have become a meaningless bureacracy that focusses on selling computers, but not building/sending them.

Advertisement