Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Vostro 1500 and 9 cell battery

Options
  • 03-10-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

hey,

just wondering if anyone has actually ordered and received a Dell Vostro 1500 with a 9 cell battery? Just wondering does the battery actually stick out the back of the laptop?

Sounds like an odd question I know, but it sounds like a complete design flaw if it does....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sounds like an odd question I know, but it sounds like a complete design flaw if it does....

It is a design flaw all right, a flaw in the laws of physics. Battery technology is at the stage where a longer lasting battery simply needs to be physically bigger. Most people are more than willing to have a battery that sticks out around 2cm along the back of a laptop if they can get 4-6 hours out of it.

It's a small price to pay, and a lot of laptop manufacturers do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

ok, thanks tom

I guess I'm just being overly fussy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey, there was a post about this before, i took a few pictures of the bosses 1400 with a 9 cell battery... It's not the exact same laptop but it'll give you an idea...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53853441&postcount=15

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Roughly how long extra does the 9 cell battery last?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

thanks for the pics dulpit

I think I'm going to call dell and downgrade to the 6 cell - lighter and won't look like a birth defect...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Tbh there is no point downgrading as you won't notice it at all when you're actually using the laptop, only when its closed. The vostro isn't the prettiest of laptops anyway so I don't think the 6 cell will make a difference other than giving you poor battery performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have it and it looks fine. No big deal. I used it for 2 and a half hours doing extracting, archiving, installing games and browsing the web with wifi - battery still was at 30%. So it's not hard to imagine it lasting 4 hours anyway with just web browsing/typing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chunkythehippo

Does the 9 cell battery battery weigh much more than the 6 cell??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Does the 9 cell battery battery weigh much more than the 6 cell??

I think so... Not a huge difference, but noticiable..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I get 6 hours with basic wifi and typing. Take out the battery when i plug it in at home, lasts loads. Only thing is its maximum is 93% at full charge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement