Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] Damaged Steering on MBK Ovetto

Options
  • 03-10-2007 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Recently, someone tried to steal my MBK Ovetto. The steering lock was on at the time and the perpetrator attempted to break it by kicking the steering wheel. While I’ve disabled the damaged steering lock, I now have the problem that my steering is off track, (ie I have to turn the steering slightly to the right to go straight).

I’m recently getting into the habit of opening the bike myself and sorting out mechanical problems. Can anyone with mechanical knowledge point me to what exactly could be wrong and how to sort it out as cheap as possible. (It’s a banger and I don’t want to invest much money in it).

All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Do scooters have normal triple clamps? If its only a banger, hold the front wheel in between your knees and just force the handlebar back so as their straight:D, usually works for an mx bike! Of course, if anything is loose in the steering, get it fixed properly, ya dont want your front forks/wheel coming off while goin down the road.

Most scooters steering locks are joke anyway, there's usually only two easy to remove bolts holding the steering lock on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

i had a similar problem after an accident on my aprilia habana custom,forks got jammed uder the car in front and knocked the steering out. i'd imagine the principle is the same on all mopeds,i just took the fairing/coweling behind the steering column off(nearest you as you sit on the bike!) and find the clamp thats just below the bars themselves. loosen the clamp just enough to get some stiff movement in it,put the forks and wheel between your legs and twist until your happy they are properly aligned and then tighten the clamp again and bobs your uncle. you should be able to this yourself handy enough,it's a simple enough job. hope that helps!

Advertisement