Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AON/Quinn qualifications

Options
  • 03-10-2007 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

I have an AON grade 2 with an instructor recognised by both quinn and AON.
    Does anyone know if quinn will recognise this qualification?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Hi Shane,

Is it on AON headed paper or just a general headed paper?

I got a Quinn Cert on Quinn headed paper and AON refused to take it. Said it was to do with different scoring between AON and Quinn.

Cost me €30 to get the AON equivalent, which looked identical to the Quinn one.

This may also apply to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Seems a bit futile, doesn't it? Charging you 30 quid to get it printed on different company headed paper?!

What's more important, the training, knowledge and skills improved, or the piece of paper on which the results are recorded? Dumb..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

It is kind of AON headed paper. Its not a cert as such, just the test results with a signature at the bottom. I'm not going to be insured for that long so it will only save me about 30 euro anyway.

Called them up and they said no. It was like the girl had no idea who aon were never mind the qualification.
    The different grading system is bullsh1t. Both companies would have had the same statistics and went to the same company to design the tests. Coupled with the fact that the majority of testers are grading you to the ROSPA standard anyway and not the much revered quinn standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

I did mine and the paperwork it came on (kind like the 2 ply stuff) had both quinn and aon on it, as far as I know its the same scoring (ive passed twice, just to boost my ego) but after I passed the 2nd time my instructer asked who I was insured with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

I did mine and the paperwork it came on (kind like the 2 ply stuff) had both quinn and aon on it, as far as I know its the same scoring (ive passed twice, just to boost my ego) but after I passed the 2nd time my instructer asked who I was insured with

• Advertisement
Advertisement