Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank money transfer

Options
  • 02-10-2007 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭

Brief question....

If I want to send someone money via bank transfer, do I need to go to the same bank that they are in (AIB, BOI etc) or can I send it from any bank at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Do you have Internet banking on your own account ?
    If so just ring your bank and add the person you want to send the cash to as a beneficiary and then you can transfer it without having to leave the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

No I dont actually, meant to have it setup AGES ago....but never got around to it. Must do it sometime..

But can you answer my original question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

You'll have to bring the money to their bank and lodge it to their account there then !

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Try going to ur own bank and asking them for a funds transfer form, there should be no problem transferring the money. U can use the 'Within EU' funds transfer form, they may tell u that it can only be used for sending money abroad, but this is not actually true. If u have ur beneficiary's IBAN and BIC there is no problem. They may also be able to do it with just the a/c and NSC. If this is going to be a recurring payment, I'd advise setting up a standing order to save yourself the hassle of going to a branch.

Advertisement