Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copying Star ratings on Ipod with IDump??

Options
  • 02-10-2007 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi there - i bought an ipod with 14,000 tunes and am trying to synch it with my itunes. i installed idump, and copied the tunes, then reinstalled itunes and copied all the tracks. Perfect! Heres my problem. i didnt synch the new itunes with my ipod and i've now spent the last 3 weeks, giving a 1star to all the tracks i want to delete directly on my ipod, so i can delete them from itunes later. Now when i try to synch my ipod , i get a msg saying.........
    " The ipod is synched with another itunes library. an ipod can be synched with only 1 Itunes library at a time. what would you like to do?"
    a) "Erase and Synch" repleces the contets of this ipod with the contects of this itunes library.
    b) "transfer Purchases" copies iTunes Store purchases this computer is authorized to play from this ipod to this itunes library.

....the thing is both of these options mean that i will lose the current star ratings i have spent 3 weeks adding to tracks on my ipod!! is there anyway i can copy these ratings to my idump or itunes???? Or have I lost my rating forever, and now have to start again?? please help!! many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hang on you bought a iPod with 14,00 songs, sounds very dodogy to me and very little its all copyright material

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yea you have pretty much just said you bought 14000 dodgy songs and your asking for help with these songs.. read the charter tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Northernsoul

Well, it was legal on ebay!!!

<snip>

no linking to illegal items on websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 annoymous

Hi there - i bought an ipod with 14,000 tunes and am trying to synch it with my itunes. i installed idump, and copied the tunes, then reinstalled itunes and copied all the tracks. Perfect! Heres my problem. i didnt synch the new itunes with my ipod and i've now spent the last 3 weeks, giving a 1star to all the tracks i want to delete directly on my ipod, so i can delete them from itunes later. Now when i try to synch my ipod , i get a msg saying.........
    " The ipod is synched with another itunes library. an ipod can be synched with only 1 Itunes library at a time. what would you like to do?"
    a) "Erase and Synch" repleces the contets of this ipod with the contects of this itunes library.
    b) "transfer Purchases" copies iTunes Store purchases this computer is authorized to play from this ipod to this itunes library.

....the thing is both of these options mean that i will lose the current star ratings i have spent 3 weeks adding to tracks on my ipod!! is there anyway i can copy these ratings to my idump or itunes???? Or have I lost my rating forever, and now have to start again?? please help!! many thanks
    Yep pain in the arse. Once u accept either, U will hv to start again. My brother did it without realising and lost 3gbs of songs in the exchange. I suggest u put ipod songs in to a different folder. Then start all over. Worth it in the end. But endless hrs of sorting. GL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

<snip> & 4get bout itunes. Syncs ur music 2 media player. Its just a 30 day trial, but its good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to lock this thread.

You haven't legally accuired these songs and I suspect they are 14,000 songs that are free to distribute.

Us telling you how to get these songs off the media player is illegal.

iTunes and pretty much all digital download stores have methods in place to allow you to re-download legally purchased music so in theory you wouldn't need to get the songs off the ipod.

if they were all freely distributed mp3's - at the consent of the artist - then they should be no fuss in getting them again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement