Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darver Castle

Options
  • 02-10-2007 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Myself and my better half are thinking of having our wedding in Dec 08 at Darver Castle, Dundalk.

Just wondering if anyone has had their wedding or even been to one there?

Any feedback would be very much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I was a guest at a wedding in Darver castle last year, i have to say nice settings and all that but the food was terrible in my opinion, waiting ages and seemed undercooked .
    Of course people had a good night of partying but i wouldnt be racing back to the place again.
    But thats only my opinion , the drink from the bar was disgusting also,possibly one of the worst pints of Guinness i ever had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Totally disagree with the last poster, I've had a few meals there this year and the food has always being up to scratch each time

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Thanks for the replies...
    Have to to say anything I've heard about the place (on weddingsonline.ie mostly) have been very positive with the food in particular supposed to be top notch.

I'll be taking a look around it tomorrow evening anyway so will know more then.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mrfreddred

I couldnt agree more. Was at a weddning in Darver 3 weeks ago and it was superb. I have been to a few weddings in my time(including me own) and Darver was the best venue I have ever seen. Be sure to ask for Tropical Storm (the 3 Philipino Musicians) ....Out of this world....really!!!!

Fred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

The sister had her wedding there during the summer and we were so well looked after. Real personal touch. The food was amazing, considering I'm a veggie they had no problem catering for that. I can pass on her details to you if you want. Just PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Arent you cutting it a bit fine!!
    My friend could only get da Ballymac for 2010!
    Darver is meant to be fab so best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Went for Clontarf Castle in the end... thanks for all the replies though.

Advertisement