Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Laptop in Dubai or Malaysia

Options
  • 02-10-2007 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi guys

First post here in the Computers section, I'm going to be heading on holidays soon to Dubai and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and i'm looking to pick up a new laptop out there

i've heard that they're two of the cheapest places around to buy electrical equipment and i was just wondering if anyone has any experience of doing so or any advice for me before i go?

Even something as simple as a brand to recommend would be very helpful

Many thanks

lc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If you're going as far as KL you should pop down to Singapore. A good deal cheaper and much more up to date equipment. Most laptops on sale in KL are slightly outdated and more expensive than Singapore.

As regards brands, I did a good deal of research in Singapore and came down to a choice of Toshiba or Lenovo(IBM). Apart from the fact that they're two of the best brands you'll get a proper 3 year international warranty with them.

Best place to buy there IMO is the Funan DigiMall, a collection of reputable shops. Whatever you look at will be the same price in every shop that stocks it. The deciding factor will be the extras they offer to sweeten the deal. On a high end laptop they'll be generous so shop around.

Never been to Dubai (and probably never will be!).

Advertisement