Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creative died a death

Options
  • 01-10-2007 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Recently bought a creative zen v plus. looked carefully into the whole creative versus i-pod debate first. Sang the creatives praises from the roof tops, but, and it's a very big but, the feckin thing has died on me this morning. The power is there, lights on inside but no sound or screen.

What the hell do i do next (don't say "get an i-pod)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Did you try a reset? They do occasionally lock up. Only happened to me twice so far. There should be a pin size hole somewhere one the player that you can stick a pin or paper-clip into to reset the unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Based on personal experience and comments here on Boards, I would
    say Creative are one of the better companies for repairs/replacement.

You said you recently purchased the player which would suggest you
    are under warranty still. Contact Creative and see if you can get an RMA.
    (Contact details for Creative Support on their site).

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

Cheers lads,

Tried the reset button but no joy so i have just contacted creative and am waiting for a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mcR

Creative are very fair when it comes to replacements, so you should get brand new one. My screen was broke and I brought it back, i wanted a refund but didn't get one cos I had it to long but their giving me a new one

Advertisement