Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of ire current account interest paying

Options
  • 01-10-2007 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Introductory interest rate of 10.5% (10.92% EAR) on offer to new and existing personal current account customers

Bank of Ireland today (Monday, 1st October 2007) announced that it is to further enhance its current account offering for personal banking customers with the introduction of credit interest at a market-leading variable rate of 10.5% (10.92% EAR). Customers can avail of 10.5% credit interest from the 15th of October 2007 which will apply to cleared credit balances up to a maximum of €1,500. Bank of Ireland customers will not be required to make a minimum monthly lodgement or maintain a minimum credit balance to qualify. The introductory rate is available to new and existing customers until the 24th of February 2008 after which time it moves to a variable rate of 4.0% (4.06% EAR).

Existing Bank of Ireland customers can register for credit interest by contacting their branch or going online to www.bankofireland.ie. New customers can register for the feature when opening an account. From the 15th of October registered customers who conduct three debit transactions on 365 Phone and/or Online from their personal current account in a quarter, such as paying a bill or transferring money to another account, will automatically qualify for credit interest in that quarter.

It says existing customers can register by going online at www.bankofireland.ie. Does anyone know where online do you go when you log on??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Just until Feb 08? That's a bit tight really - a five month promotion? Feels more like a reactionary measure than something designed to offer best value at all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Noelie wrote:

Hi Noelie

Where on the site do you register the account?? After you log in?

Thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

'Tis almost an exact copy (no monthly lodgement) of the AIB High Interest accounts - great to see real and varied competition (not) !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭SuperHans

Can't find where to register for this either as an existing customer. I have gone to 365online, but can't find it there, and bankofireland.com isn't very informative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Blackjack

SuperHans wrote:
    Can't find where to register for this either as an existing customer. I have gone to 365online, but can't find it there, and bankofireland.com isn't very informative.

I called into my branch to find out more about this. They're only signing people up from the 15th, or so I was told. If you call banking 365 on the 15th, they should be able to sign you up. I expect they'll be very busy that day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

parsi wrote:
    'Tis almost an exact copy (no monthly lodgement) of the AIB High Interest accounts - great to see real and varied competition (not) !

Well holy god Parsi..... :rolleyes:

Advertisement