Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to college?

Options
  • 01-10-2007 1:19am

Ok. Probably the wrong forum for this, but I couldn't figure out the right one. While I'm old enough for a mature student, i didn't think this was a question for the mature student section.

I've been travelling abroad for the last year, and I've found out the hard way that I'm quite limited in visa eligibility in many countries because I didn't complete college to degree level.

I have a National Diploma in Business & IT (3 years) from AIT. I finished this way back in 1999, and I was (then) happy to leave college behind and start working. However, I've found that many countries require a degree level qualification to get working visa's.

So. I want to either complete my original course (although i couldn't actually find the old course listed), start another course (hopefully in the final year), or find an alternative method of gaining a degree level qualification. I have 7+ years experience working in various business positions, like A/R, A/P, or Operations, although I'm not sure if that actually helps.

Ideally, I'd like to only spend one year (or less) to bring myself up to a business degree level. Not sure how realistic that is. Still, anyone have any ideas where to go with this? I've browsed what information I could online, both from the links on boards.ie, and the various college sites. However, its passed over my head for the most part.

I'm in Oz at the moment, so I'm unable to attend any of the open days, or go into any of the colleges themselves for at least another 6 months.

Advertisement