Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures From Egypt.

Options
  • 01-10-2007 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Hi all a good girlfriend of mine was away in Egypt last week and at my request she took some pictures of what she saw on the Ramp, now please be gentle as she is not one for Aircraft pictures but I thought they would be of some interest anyway, the temperature was in the high 30's and very dusty and she was using a small 4.5pixel and needless to say she didnt go to Egypt for the Aircraft so enjoy what I saved!! :D

000.jpg

4ENGINE.jpg

AMC.jpg

CairoAviation.jpg

CARIO.jpg

dh.jpg

FUTURA.jpg

UMAIR.jpg

Regards,

David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Its probably an interesting place for diverse stuff

Sharm el sheikh/Cairo, Manchester and Moscow are all 3 places I want to go for decent spotting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

Strange seeing them with those backgrounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

She didn't do a bad job in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Theres an actual airline called UM Air?

Sounds like those people that do the meditating.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Its probably an interesting place for diverse stuff

Sharm el sheikh/Cairo, Manchester and Moscow are all 3 places I want to go for decent spotting

There is a pub at Ringway that is so close to the ramp/Taxi area and runway that they have a beer garedn out the back and its always crowded with people and the crews/pax always wave to people in the beer garden! Thats how close you get!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I just got back from Cairo on Friday .

Saw a couple of AN12? s sitting there , and the usual smattering of Boeings/Airbuses. While driving out to the airport on Friday night went past a musem which I will check out , had a few Migs sitting outside it.

Went out on AF 777 , came back on AF A330. Both of them with the new seats , very comfortable.

Interestingly the flight from CDG=DUB was not operated by Cityjet but by a German outfit.... same BA146 , only difference was they had dropped row 13 ( I was meant to be in 13A but had to get a new boarding pass at CDG , lost my window seat :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

Davidth88 wrote:

Interestingly the flight from CDG=DUB was not operated by Cityjet but by a German outfit.... same BA146 , only difference was they had dropped row 13 ( I was meant to be in 13A but had to get a new boarding pass at CDG , lost my window seat :( )

Bloody triskaidekaphobics. Did they pass through 13 thousand feet on teh way home, or stay below it ?:)

Actually, this is quite common. Concorde had no row thirteen. Never noticed on any other BA types, so I don't know if it was BA policy or Concorde specific, and not sure about AF. Lots of buildings have the facilities on floor 13, so nobody has to have an office on it. Worked in a company making small office phone systems, and they had no extension 13 ... couldn't be programmed. Mad !!

Anybody know of other examples, particularly airlines that eliminate row thirteen ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Jakey

I was flying from Galway years ago with Aer Arann and there was no row 13 id guess it was an ATR 42 but couldnt but sure.

Advertisement