Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying Dell by Cheque....?

Options
  • 30-09-2007 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Last week I ordered a vostro from dell. Anyways got the email that required the booking number to be put on the back of the cheque and all of that.

So i posted the cheque off monday morning but I still havent had an email from dell since. Just wondering has anyone else here paid by cheque and how long should it take for a reply with an invoice or whatever? Its been a week so does it require a phonecall now to dell?

The estimated date of delivery is oct 16th as they said there is a slight delay, but with no word that they recieved my cheque just wondering what the story is? Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It can take 5 working days at least. They wait till the cheque has cleared. Ordered a couple of machines myself and it was 7-10 days. They won't notify you apart from delivery but you could call Sales and see if someone can update you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Well it takes two days for the post and it takes three working days for a cheque to clear. So I'd call on Tuesday morning if there's no update.

And I realy hope you used registered post. Only a fool would send a cheque for several hundred euro by ordinary post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

micmclo wrote:
    Well it takes two days for the post and it takes three working days for a cheque to clear. So I'd call on Tuesday morning if there's no update.

And I realy hope you used registered post. Only a fool would send a cheque for several hundred euro by ordinary post

Tis registered lol. I dont trust any offices/people dealing with them sort of things.

Once the cheque clears will i not get an email with an invoice or whatever? So i can check the status of delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

micmclo wrote:

Why? If it ws a business cheque it would more than likely be crossed payable to Dell and so would be of no use to anyone else, a bank can only lodge a crossed cheque to the account of the person named on the cheque, so registered post would be a waste of money. Even if the cheque wasn't crossed it is highly unlikely a bank would negotiate a cheque made out to Dell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

A bank wouldn't but a small retailer might if you claimed you were a Dell employee.
    Yes, I know 90% of retailers won't do this but it does happen.

Secondly, accounts departments can and do lose cheques so at least the OP can prove they sent it.

Maybe it's a waste of money, but what's €5 for piece of mind? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement