Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fell and knocked out half my front tooth

Options
  • 30-09-2007 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

I fell last night and knocked off half of my front tooth. I have the other half of it. I am going to try to get a dental appointment tomorrow morning but I have no idea what will happen and how much it will cost. can anyone help me out? No idea what the difference between crowns caps ect are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Anybody? going in at 11.45 and I am terrified!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

sorry I missed your post in time.....let us know how you got on?

Got it filled and wasn't as painfull as I was expecting but it is very sensitive now. More than it was before it was filled and i'm hoping this is normal because she told me that if it is too sensitive after a while or it turns a funny colour then the root probably died with the bang. I feel much better now that I have the front tooth but I am still very nervous about having more treatment done if it's needed.
    I also cracked the other front tooth and that may need to come out if the root died also but at the moment I just have to wait. Going back in 2 weeks for a review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Hang on, did they put the other half of your tooth back on??

I got a headbutt a few years ago that loosened my front tooth. After about 4 days it died but I got to the dentist on time. He opened it up, bleached it from inside and filled. Not perfect now, as the bleach didn't fully hold but it's quite good and the tooth is still there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sMILIE

i fell off mybike a few years ago nd haff a front tooth came off but i got pretty destroyed wi that fall i dint even notice my tooth til i got to de hospital so had to get just a fake haff on it

ND MY FRONT TEETH USED2BE BE PERFECTLY SYMETRICAL
    USED2BE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 NealOCarroll

foxy06 wrote: »
    I fell last night and knocked off half of my front tooth. I have the other half of it. I am going to try to get a dental appointment tomorrow morning but I have no idea what will happen and how much it will cost

Maybe this is just one of my mad crazy ideas, but I think you should try...I dunno...asking your dentist?

I wonder why you really felt that you just had to post that? With 10 posts to your name I doubt you will be around much longer with that attitude. Besides it was a sunday and I was in a big panic after having a bad fall so thought the regular posters here might be able to help.

Anyway they couldn't put the broken piece back on but used a filler instead. It is still fine so it looks like I haven't killed the root Thank God!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Maybe this is just one of my mad crazy ideas, but I think you should try...I dunno...asking your dentist?

Welcome to boards.ie Neal - the exit is just to your left :rolleyes:

- Best of luck with the treatment OP - hope it gets sorted ok.

Advertisement