Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stillorgan Bowl... Closed???

Options
  • 30-09-2007 4:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey,

I was very upset this past Saturday night as I travelled to The Stillorgan Bowling Alley for my usual midnight breakfast at 3 a.m. and found the building to be closed!!!

I am wondering if it is closed altogether or they've just stopped opening 24 hours as they had to be losing serious money. Especially with Bondi closed.

From a concerned & hungry man

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Was playing pool there the other night, they had a sign up signing they are closing at night from now on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

They wont loose much, They must be making appartments there and will make a mint off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

drdre wrote:
    They wont loose much, They must be making appartments there and will make a mint off that.
    yeah, because somewhere being closed at night means they must be building apartments on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

They have been applying for permission for years to develop the site (including the library). Tresury Holdings has big plans for Stillorgan as they own the bowl, Esmonds, Blakes (Bondi) and the Overflow Carpark....... anyway your probably better off the food there is consistantly s**t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Isnt the stillorgan bowl a michilan star restaurant?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yes, Michelin Star three years ago. Gave L'Ecrivan in Baggot Street a run for it's money.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Plans to a very high rise tower were knocked back a few years ago on the site, definitely plans for apartments on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

apparently bruce springstein and his entourage hired out the whole place for the night while they where in town,they did it the last time they where in dublin aswell, not joking!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

He was thrown outta Bolands earlier for being rowdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

mad stuff, you'd only learn on boards.

am sad to hear it's not 24 hour any more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why god, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Is there any 24 hour places like it left?
    I know of Leisureplex Tallaght but I dislike Leisureplex
    ...there's always Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

...there's always Tesco

Sure is...
    Just get 10 1l coke bottles and arrange in a diamond formation at the back of one of the aisles.
    Then, proceed to the fruit n veg section to choose your ball... melon, grapefruit or the 'wicked watermelon' do the trick.
    Happy bowling!

Advertisement