Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platform 11 name change.

Options
  • 30-09-2007 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

From Sunday September 30th 2007 Platform 11 is now renamed, "Rail Users Ireland". All existing online resources will be redirected to the new web site/forum.

The decision to change the name was based on research with rail passengers and was passed at our 2007 AGM. The new name now reflects our role more accurately.

The Platform 11 name has been retained for a future use. Details will be announced as soon as possible.

This name change is part of a complete overhaul of the organisation that will allow us to drive forward, refreshed thinking and some new campaigns.

Our new web site is online and modifications are ongoing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

good idea i think....platform 11 doesnt convey much to the public whereas the new title does exactly what it sayd on the tin

good luck with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Derek - will you have to change your username to DerekRUI? :D
    corktina wrote:
    platform 11 doesnt convey much to the public
    I totally agree. I'd say 99% of the general public wouldn't have a clue who Platform11 are.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭jd

Good idea-good luck!
    jd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

Derek - will you have to change your username to DerekRUI? :D

:D

Never thought of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

New articles are being added regularly to the Rail Users Ireland web site. Please check regularly.

If you have any ideas for articles/issues please email us.

Advertisement