Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] community is gone a bit dead

Options
  • 29-09-2007 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

shame really ;/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Slire Cicien

Just needs a few pokes, the shiney things have distracted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Hate to admit it but im nearly too busy to post >_< Damn uni :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Well my eve experience has recently taken a nose dive. Was having loads of fun in AGEN in CI but the rest of the guys were all 3 year old characters and have billions. I was having real trouble keeping up isk-wise. They'd be heading out in their faction fitted vagas and be all like, "So Talen what are you bringing?" to which I'd reply "My T2 rapier/stabber." "Oh you really should get some domination mods for that."

So I decided to take a break join a 0.0 alliance and carebear it up for a little while simply for the isk. I have never been so bored. Yeah sure the rats are nice and I get free cruisers and T1 items but damn they don't know how to fight and who still flies with T1 mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I was gonna come back, but after this I shant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I was gonna come back, but after this I shant.
    You still should m8, still fun just need to find your little corner of the universe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

/me dances the dance of a thousand greetings

Zillah wrote:
    /me dances the dance of a thousand greetings

/me happy memorys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

D wrote:
    Well my eve experience has recently taken a nose dive. Was having loads of fun in AGEN in CI but the rest of the guys were all 3 year old characters and have billions. I was having real trouble keeping up isk-wise. They'd be heading out in their faction fitted vagas and be all like, "So Talen what are you bringing?" to which I'd reply "My T2 rapier/stabber." "Oh you really should get some domination mods for that."

So I decided to take a break join a 0.0 alliance and carebear it up for a little while simply for the isk. I have never been so bored. Yeah sure the rats are nice and I get free cruisers and T1 items but damn they don't know how to fight and who still flies with T1 mods?

Yeah I used to fly with endgame, who at the time weren't in CI but flew with AGEN all the time. I got the same **** too, in some ways it was fun but there was some complete 1337 faggots there too, who I might add never undocked, just banged on about about their faction fitted bs all day. **** them I got better K/D ratio then some of them in a ****ing celestus, which played a vital role in thier gangs and at least when it popped it didn't matter.

Eve is all about finding somewhere you fit in, a place where you like the people and what the corp does, it's not easy, but my suggestion is if you're not happy somewhere, leave. Otherwise it's a waste of your sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

kyp_durron wrote:
    Yeah I used to fly with endgame, who at the time weren't in CI but flew with AGEN all the time. I got the same **** too, in some ways it was fun but there was some complete 1337 faggots there too, who I might add never undocked, just banged on about about their faction fitted bs all day. **** them I got better K/D ratio then some of them in a ****ing celestus, which played a vital role in thier gangs and at least when it popped it didn't matter.

Eve is all about finding somewhere you fit in, a place where you like the people and what the corp does, it's not easy, but my suggestion is if you're not happy somewhere, leave. Otherwise it's a waste of your sub.

Quite ****ing true tbh..

I'd of quit the game a year and a half ago if I listened to ****wits like those lads your describing.. Find your level of replaceable and affordable PVP ships and stick to it.. If your having fun who gives a **** if that little carebearing cockring next door has faction mods on a ship he never ****in undocks :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I left at christmas, I was in over my head and was bleeding isk, I wanted one on one pvp in low sec space, not blob wars against BOB or GOONs. So I'm gonna wait for a new PC then maybe hit it again, first leave the corp I'm in and head out as a solo. Its just the mood Im in, hell in a few months I will most likely be back in a corp.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

tba wrote:
    I left at christmas, I was in over my head and was bleeding isk, I wanted one on one pvp in low sec space, not blob wars against BOB or GOONs. So I'm gonna wait for a new PC then maybe hit it again, first leave the corp I'm in and head out as a solo. Its just the mood Im in, hell in a few months I will most likely be back in a corp.

woohooo bob ftw...../me slaps self (shh glippo u stupid fanboi)
    yes the community seems dead, i would suggest we get back to organising those irish gank squads which were alot of fun..but its not like i could go lol..goons to kill + cor would probly not be pleased lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Glippo wrote:
    woohooo bob ftw...../me slaps self (shh glippo u stupid fanboi)
    yes the community seems dead, i would suggest we get back to organising those irish gank squads which were alot of fun..but its not like i could go lol..goons to kill + cor would probly not be pleased lol

Those gangs are a thing of the past, with people on different sides of the war it's just not possible anymore. The Irish channel has gotten well, hmm I wrote some stuff about that but I wont go there, lets just say it's not what it once was, at least IMO.

TBH the commuinty is all still here, this thread confirms as much. It's just there is nothing to talk about, any thing provocative we have COAD to spam with goons and the assorted alts that frequent it and because the Irish commuinty does nothing together anymore what's to discuss that we can't on Eve-o or in game anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I just joined a corp called RISE. I've heard they're going to do pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Binomate wrote:
    I just joined a corp called RISE. I've heard they're going to do pretty well.

Quick get the troll.

Tbh I would be up for some T1 frigate roaming. It is great how many people underestimate a rifter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Its great how many people underestimate 20 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I just boughted a CNR. I is off to be a mission whore for a bit :)

kyp_durron wrote:
    The Irish channel has gotten well, hmm I wrote some stuff about that but I wont go there, lets just say it's not what it once was, at least IMO.

QFT

makes me sad when i remember how great it was with half the people or less in years gone by

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

kyp_durron wrote:
    The Irish channel has gotten well, hmm I wrote some stuff about that but I wont go there, lets just say it's not what it once was, at least IMO.

On the two occassions I've bothered going into the Irish channel it just comprises of certain people spamming filthy crap. I just logged out of it. I've better things to do than waste my time reading the rubbish that gets said in there but then I see you agree anyway. It's a shame really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

Ah its been a quiet summer as folks head off on holidays and the such like. I'm sure as those long winter evenings approach things will liven up. :D

I'm normally too busy watching alliance and intel channels to spend much time in the Irish channel unfortunately. Everything has a cycle so I'm sure it will improve soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Bring back Irish roaming gangs! I couldn't give a crap about in game "politics" I play this game for fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I've a load of bantams sitting in a garage somewhere... if you guys want to roll and roam in those badboys

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

yeah i hear rumors of gneez getting one together but i guess people cba to find a spot or stay logged in to join up .. im down

Advertisement