Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB & Playstation Network

Options
  • 28-09-2007 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently got Irish Broadband and am having problems with my PS3. I am constantly loosing connection to the PSN. I get error code 8002A548 most of the time or the connection times out. I never had this problem with Eircom, is there anything I could try here?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Sounds like the problem associated with 1.92 firmware upgrade.
    You need to install 1.93 - problem is 1.92 makes your connection drop so it could be a hassle getting 1.93 which fixes the issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Try changing the MTU size in your router (if you're running through a router) from it's default of 1500 to 1450.

This may resolve the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I think IBB are having issues at the moment. I had the same problem on Xbox Live last night playing Halo 3. Connection was bad all the time and dropped a few times.

There is another thread with a KK user complaining about it. It seems to be across their entire network if its happening in Limerick/KK/Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

As I said, change the size of your MTU in the router, should resolve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah I did that its still the same.

I've been unable to sign in for weeks now, is anyone on IBB's DSL and using a PS3 with no issues???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bambaata

wud this be anything to do with what appears is IBB's introduction of traffic shaping? I'm looking for other providers as i speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Its possible, I never had this problem on Eircom.

I'd move back if i could

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Yea i can never play online with my ps2 when i tried... ill change the MTU and see if it works

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

I managed to play on a PS3 just fine.
    With Irish Broadband Breeze.

Played for hours, even hosted a game with 26 players, no problems.

Advertisement