Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory lane

Options
  • 28-09-2007 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭

Hi ,just like to say that my knowledge of classical music is very limited but at the same time aware that at any time it is and has always being played as background music be it on a tv-advert ,shop / supermarket or film score background . So i thought as i have heard a lot of stuff growing up and appriciated it,i would mention some of the stuff that i have loved , most of you i am sure will know these .

1 Elizebeathan serenade (early childhood memory , this used to be played early mornings on rte radio in the sixties )

2 The luxembourg waltz ,by frank chacksfireld (another childhood memory , this was the into to radio luxembourg back in the 50s and early 60s )

3 Theme from a summer place ,the percy faith orchestra

4 A walk in the black forest ,walter jabownoski

5 Scarlet o Hara , jet harris and tony mehan

6 wonderful land , The shadows

7 RNI theme (radio north sea international theme)

8 Theme from JFK , John Wiliams , (a haunting but lovley piece of music )

9 Crossroads theme , Tony hatch

10 Stranger on the shore , Acker bilk ...

Cheers ............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

latchyco wrote:
    4 A walk in the black forest ,walter jabownoski

Horst Jankowski is his name. :)

Advertisement