Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

well done specsavers

Options
  • 28-09-2007 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Ok, this isnt an issue, but I dont see a forum that would suit this post better. I just want to say kudos to specsavers for great service.

I got new glasses last week, but didnt notice until i got home that the lenses didnt fit correctly into my sunglasses, leaving big spaces between the lens and frame( real annoying when your wearing them).

I brought them back in and they tried melting the frame to fit the lenses, and made a mess of it!!! i told them i was not happy , so they done some measurments, and said the lenses were too thick for the frames and i would need thiner ones. I said had i been informed of this in the beginning i wouldnt have purchased that particular frame. they ordered the thinner( and more expensive ) lenses and got me a replacement set of frames all at no extra cost.

I know they made a mess in the first place, mainly down to a new trainnee there i think, but the fact that they followed through and resolved my issue very quickly is a testament to their customer support. everyone makes mistakes but those who admit to their mistakes and resolve them deserve credit.

well done specsavers

(now they just need a bigger selection of frames ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Fair play to them! I need to go and update my address with them, I think I'm due new glasses at this stage. I was always very happy with the service I received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I wouldn't say fair play to this. I would expect this treatment after their mess up, they didn't go out of their way to do anything, just what was to be expected in such a situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Jip, the customer left the store so happy that he decided to write about it on here - surely they do deserve a 'fair play' for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I don't think so, it's the stores business to keep the customer happy and it's only to be expected. If I was to put up a post everytime I left a store happy I'd be banned for spamming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

which specsavers store was it? some of them are just awful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement