Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony NWZ-A800 Series Has Replaced The NWA-800 Series ---> Firmware Query

Options
  • 28-09-2007 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,980 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

As you know a while back Sony released the NW-A800 series of PMP's which were and still are pretty funky pieces of kit. The only 'problem' with the range was that you had to use SonicStage to put music onto the players. Well it seems Sony has at last come to their senses and all their new MP3 players no longer use SonicStage and are simply drag and drop.

Sony have even gone as far as to replace the NW-A800 with what is essentially the exact same product the NWZ-A800, the only difference being the latter's lack of SonicStage. My question is this, do you think Sony will release a firmware for users of the NW-A800 such as myself to eliminate having to use SonicStage? It's been mentioned here, but nothing concrete:
    http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4165&pid=27892&st=0&#entry27892

I hope but can't see it happening myself, so does anyone know if people are working on an alternate firmware for these?

Advertisement