Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing I-pod

Options
  • 28-09-2007 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

i just picked up my shiny new I-pod Nano and am just wondering if there will be any issues using this in conjuction with I-Tunes as it already exists on my computer?

Sorry for the noob question. I'm not very savvy at this stuff!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

yeah it'll work fine, when you plug it in it'll ask you would you like to make this iPod compatible with this iTunes. Just click yes and it'll transfer your songs from iTunes to your iPod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Yeah like amull87 said it will be very straightforward, and the dialog boxes will give easy to follow instructions, just plug the brand new nano into the machine and it will almost take care of itself... with a few mouse clicks from you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hmmmm,

sadly it was not all that simple! I had iTunes 4, and needed to upgrade to 7.4 for my new Nano. One of the guys downloaded it for me onto a disk ( no interwebs in my house ) but it's giving me grief....google time for answers me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Dragan wrote:
    Hmmmm,

sadly it was not all that simple! I had iTunes 4, and needed to upgrade to 7.4 for my new Nano. One of the guys downloaded it for me onto a disk ( no interwebs in my house ) but it's giving me grief....google time for answers me thinks!

Try us here:
    http://www.boards.ie./vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=108

:D

Or your new friendly PMP mod is a bit of an Apple head ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

440Hz wrote:
    Or your new friendly PMP mod is a bit of an Apple head ;)
    True, but alas i don't have sufficent training in using iTunes despite owning an ipod and macbook.

Dragan, i'm a little bit confused by your original post do you mean that an old version of iTunes is on your computer?

if so you'll need the most up to date iTunes to use the new nano's (same will go with ipod classics/touches etc.).

you'll need to download this here, http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iTunes7/Win/061-3945.20070927.9I8un/iTunes743Setup.exe

it's 49mb which is steep.

where are you having trouble has itunes installed at all? has it recognised the nano at all?

i suggest totally uninstalling itunes + quicktime + any other ipod software drivers that show up in add/remove programs and try install itunes again (make sure the nano isn't connected whilst installing as that causes some troubles so i believe).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Cheers for that guys, problem solved. The problem was stemming from the IpodServices.exe , which needed to be stopped for 7.4 to install fully. It should happen automatically as part of the install but kept falling over. I just went into Admin, Services and shut it down myself and the installation when through, then restarted it.

Now my shiny new i-pod is all working! :D

Advertisement