Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post

Options
  • 28-09-2007 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

Had to send a couple of xbox games today that I'd sold on adverts. Each game cost 2.60 to post to irish addresses. Was surprised at the price seeing as last week I sent two games together to someone for 1.90. Mentioned this and he murmured something about weight. I checked the website when I returned and found out why. The first package was classified as a large envelope (I had no jiffy bag at the time) and today I used jiffy bags. Just thought it might be useful for people to know. Why we have to pay a different price for same service I don't know.:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Good to note.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

true true! i used a jiffy bag to send a phone charger to dublin and was billed 2.60. in the uk its only like a 1 pound or somthing and anytime i get somthing delivered it dosn't even fit through the post box it was that big. they make be laugh the parcel could be the saiz of an A4 Jiffy bag and the write on it 'SMALL PACKAGE' haha chancy or what

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

The packing part of the jiffy bags makes the packet bulkier/deeper, therefore turning it from a large envelope into a packet.....hence the difference.

The max allowable dimensions for a large envelope are length 400mm x width 300mm x 25mm depth. Weight not over 1kg for national delivery & 500g for international.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

chuckles30 wrote:
    The packing part of the jiffy bags makes the packet bulkier/deeper, therefore turning it from a large envelope into a packet.....hence the difference.

The max allowable dimensions for a large envelope are length 400mm x width 300mm x 25mm depth. Weight not over 1kg for national delivery & 500g for international.

so how is it that yesterday I got two dvds in a large jiffy bag posted to me for 1.85. seems like an post don't know what to charge now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I suppose as well as the rules, it also depends on the human you meet behind the counter and the mood they're in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

chuckles30 wrote:
    I suppose as well as the rules, it also depends on the human you meet behind the counter and the mood they're in.

exactly, in a nutshell. I do think it was the same bloke I had both times in my original post.

Advertisement