Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OcUK order not turning up, big problem.. Anyone had similar experience?

Options
  • 28-09-2007 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I am really getting frustrated, here's the situation..

Ordered a 22'' monitor and two fans from Overclockers last Thursday morning.. I placed the order by phone and the guy told me they would ship on the day. I used the standard method, Parcelforce euro 48.

I get a notification the following day (Friday) at 3pm saying it shipped... Bit late.. but I thought could be worse..

So I tracked it in the mean time. Tuesday afternoon I answer the door to the GLS delivery guy thinking great all is well they're here. I recieve just a small box with just the two fans I ordered of course...:mad: Where's the damn monitor I thought!! I called Overclockers and they tell me that the monitor was shipped seperately and had a different tracking number but the number won't work... They told me they were having problems with tracking some items recently.

Waited the rest of the day expecting to arrive some time later on.. Nothing...

Wednesday...nothing... So I call them again and this time they tell me oh forgot to say that we actually shipped the monitor on Monday!!! Tbh I took this as good news because I thought okay fine so should arrive the following day (Thurs./this day gone)

No sign of it... Rang GLS today (or technically yesterday:rolleyes: ) and they told me that either I was givin the wrong tracking number or it has never been shipped...

Rang OcUK again they told me that it might have been sent to the wrong destination!!!:mad: :mad: The guy said he would contact Parcelforce and try and sort it out and redirect my order if this is case....

So now i'm feeling quite p***ed and frustrated as I don't have clue where my monitor is or if just buy a small chance it will arrive tomorrow (today whatever!!) and save me a heart attack....

Anyone have any similar experience with these guys??

Is there a chance that maybe GLS are just late with my delivery and may arrive with it tomorrow? Again this happened to anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

The key to these situations is to relax, no amount of heart attacks will make it come quicker. it will come when it come nothing you can do. If there is a problem then the customer services will sort it out. Worst case it will be late. Welcome to the world of internet shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Yeah I know but I have always had good experiences with OcUK and this is a first... Maybe I'm not used to it I guess.

See I wouldnt mind this as much if I new what was going on, but the tracking number doesnt work and I have a suspicion overclockers are going to wait till Monday to get back to me...

Another odd thing is the deliveries from them used to get to me by An Post (after it reached Ireland) and now it's GLS...

Think it could be GLS late? It would be easier to believe that though if my tracking no. worked cause that just concerns me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

let me get this straight ?
    You ordered it 8 days ago ? (today been friday)
    and they told you they only shipped it monday or 4 days ago ?
    and your in a flap ? why ? :)

as said welcome to the internet shopping zone !

Well yes it's really the fact the damn tracking number doesnt work. I understand deliveries sometimes take longer than supposed to but surely if I can't track it there's something up...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

I had the same thing happen with my pc.
    all the motherboard etc arrived in one box but no case.

so I rang oc.uk and they gave me the same story as you, shipped on a different order.
    so i waited and waited,
    a few days later i got back on to them (having been onto GLS in the meantime)
    they said point blank that it had been shipped and gave me the tracking number.

so went onto the parcleforce website to track it but no show.

I found out the parcleforce depot it was supposed to be shipped from and
    spoke to someone who told me the tracking number was not on the system .

so got onto ocuk again
    "Just to confirm I have been in contact with Parcel force they have NO RECORD
    of this Tracking number.************. can you check your records again"

they replied with

This consignment tracking number is correct this parcel may be lost if this does not turn up in the next
    week we can raise a claim for you for the full refund of your costs thank you for your patience

I was Fuming after this so after ringing again and sending another webnote

"I would Rather have the case!
    cause all the other pieces are no good without one!
    Just send me another case
    Thanks
    john (starting to loose patience)"

they replied with
    "Thank you for your webnote we cannot do that i am afraid if this item is lost we can raise a claim
    for this as it has not been 21 days we can not raise a claim thank you"

Sorry for the long post

(the next day the case arrived )

I suggest you tell them the tracking number may not be right
    and ask parcleforce to confirm it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

was it shipped on royal mail on their end? if so ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DJ WIPEOUT

These guys are liars and cheats. I had to get the ECC (European Consumer Centre) involved before they would take my complaint seriously.

To cut a long long long story short! I had to go through many months of battling with them before they admitted fault and provided a full refund.

Won't be going back for more! There are forums out there with others....

Anti wrote:
    was it shipped on royal mail on their end? if so ring them.
    Yes royal mail on their side. I probably will try them but first I am determined to get an answer back from Overclockers today as they told me they would contact parcelforce 2 days ago and have not yet got back to me..

I they tell me the same old story and don't give me any reasurring info then I will go ahead and call up parcelforce myself, and then royal mail but somehow I think it's most likely a parcelforce fault...

@ John mac,

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. It's very helpful seeing as it's almost the exact same situation with me.

So can you tell me, How long exactly, from when it left OcUK, until you eventually recieved the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Use An Post in future. Look back in this forum, and you'll see a good few posts about the bad service quality of GLS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

Have just been back over the mails.
    the original shipment arrived on 13 feb.
    the case arrived on the 20th . there was a new shipping mail sent on the 16th.

only a week, but also 18 emails and at least 8 phone calls.
    It pays to keep on them.
    Good luck

• Advertisement

Thanks. I damn well hope it will turn up early next week then as mine was shipped Monday...

I really hope it hasn't been lost cause I do not feel like waiting 21 days!!

Got back to overclockers today and the same bloody story... We have contacted parcelforce it will take a few more days till we get back to you...

Just to say, it still has not arrived:(

Can I ask for anyone who has used GLS for orders coming in from the UK (prefrebly by parcelforce) to please post how long you had to wait.

I request feedback especially from anyone who has ordered from OcUK recently.

I appreciate it.

This will give me an idea of how often this happens and if a lost delivery is at all the case..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I ordered an item from OcUK last week 26th Sept. It was sent the following day (Thurs) via Parcelforce and I had it delivered to my work address yesterday.

It's all been sorted guys. Finally...

They dispatched a new one out to me yesterday! Should have it tomorrow hopefully. No charge for shipping obviously.

So the original was lost:rolleyes:

Anyway so hopefully I will have the monitor in my hands tomorrow and not have to go through another weekend, as I have done enough waiting...

So thanks everyone for giving me feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I know the guys at overclockers, they are fine.

Sometimes they just need to be talked to and reminded that you are human.

Other than that they are definately above average in the service & sales department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

OCUK were bad for delivery when I last used them a couple of years back. Very bad couriers, and poor RMA procedures. Maybe they've improved since I don't know.

Advertisement