Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My media player wont connect to my laptop

Options
  • 27-09-2007 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

I bought a NEO 500gb mediaplayer and this evening I connected the player to my laptop through a USB cable. A message came up on the computer screen saying that new USB hardware had been detected(the same type of message I get when I connect my Creative Zen).. However when i go into 'My Computer' there is no drive coming up for the player.. only the usual drives C, D, E. Anybody else have this problem? I have turned the laptop/media player on and off about 20 times at this stage but still nothing is coming up for a new drive. I have connected a lot of different media storage devices to my laptop in the past and have never had a problem. I didnt do anything different this evening when connecting the player so I havnt a clue what is wrong. Anybody any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

right click computer >> manage >> disk management

can you see the disk listed there? should be of size 500gig's and should have no label (like C:\ ; D:\ etc.)

if it's there it just means it may have to be formatted. you can do this by right clicking the disk the option is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It could be that it's trying to use a drive letter that has already been assigned... Happens in college a lot, you plug a usb drive in and it won't pop up, it's because it wants the use the F: drive, but that's already taken.

Go to Disk Management, right click on the device, click on Change Drive Letter and Paths... and choose something like Z: or something you know will not be taken...

Advertisement