Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop with E-sata port

Options
  • 27-09-2007 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking for reliable laptop do start some mobile DJing and should be similar to this:

MSI GX600 link

2gb ram
    more than 250gb is welcomed
    but as I don't want to get a 17'' monster a simple 15 not-wide is ok.

There should 1 or 2 other laptops (ASUS or maybe HP) with e-Sata port, but they seem very expensive and big.

Does any one knows a retailer in UK or Ireland where I can find thi MSI laptop o similar with the e-sata port (I need it to connect my external hd).

What about a Mac Book Pro? Does any one knows when they going to come with a new one? Could it have the e-sata port?

Sorry for all these questions but after some research I couldn't find a lot.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,086 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gian-Pa

thx eolhc

i've read that the speed is not as fast as real e-sata connection....

but after checking some benchmark now I'm more undecided than before :(

Are there cards reliable?
    I have e-sata port in my desktop motherboard and has never left me (cross fingers)
    While using the usb connection with the same harddisk (western digital book pro 500gb) some times it disconnects by him self :mad:

I suppose the only thing I can do is borrow a laptop from someone and buy the express card to test it. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,086 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

a usb drive shouldn't really randomly disconnect unless theres some bad cable or faulty hardware... sata would be faster of course

don't have any experience with external sata or these cards but the one or two reviews for them (like this) suggest performance is fine

Advertisement