Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong Item Supplied

Options
  • 27-09-2007 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

I bought an LCD tv yesterday in Currys.
    Have my receipt tucked away safe for my 1yr manufacturer warranty.
    On it lists the TV I reserved & paid for.

So, took my TV home, unpacked it & as I was taking out the TV, I thought:- that looks a bit different than I was expecting.

Then, when I looked at the model no, I realised they'd given me the wrong model.

So, the dilemma is this:-
    The model they accidentally gave me is worth about €200 more than the model I actually paid for, so I'm thinking:- 'nice one!!'

But, what if something happens the model I received. Surely my receipt is worth jack sh!t as it states I purchased a different model from Currys & not the actual model I have in my hand which I'm looking a repair / refund or exchange for.

Will I be screwed, or is there something I could do if this were to happen?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Pretty much yes. You need pop for the item you have purchased. Otherwise you are not covered for anything.

Is the tv good enough to take that risk is the question you need to ask!

If anything happened you could chance your arm and say you "didn't notice".

Or you could be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

The TV I purchased was the Samsung LE32R88BD (32")
    The TV I got was the Samsung LE32M86BD

What the actual differences are, I don't really know. The M series just seems to be more expensive (perhaps better quality components, & I think it's 100Hz instead of 60)

What you think?
    Good enough to take a risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I'd risk it. If anything were to go wrong with the tv, you could plead ignorance and claim that you never noticed they were different models.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd prob risk it to be honest as I am very lazy.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Did the tv come with a warranty registration card, the ones you send away? If it did, surely if you sent that off youd be covered?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Curry's make very decent profits (part of dixons) and I'm sure even with the €200 difference they've still made a profit from you, so I'd be inclined to keep it and if something goes wrong simply produce the receipt. - They will have details of the serial number so they'll know its one of their products.

Alternatively ring them in a couple of week and tell them that you just noticed the difference and what they'd like to do about it and that you no longer have the boxes etc. - you can be fairly sure they'll say it is OK to keep the one you have (swap new boxed lower model for already used model?? - I doubt it!) and your concience will be clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

How could this have happened?
    They would have scanned the barcode on the box so it must have been entered incorrectly on their system - unless they had the TV in the wrong box?

eth0_ wrote:
    How could this have happened?
    They would have scanned the barcode on the box so it must have been entered incorrectly on their system - unless they had the TV in the wrong box?

Nothing was scanned.
    I gave him the printout of my reservation.
    He keyed in the reservation code & my order came up.
    I paid for the TV with my credit card.
    He entered my details into the system.
    Gave me my receipt & then said wait at the front of the store & he'd get someone to help him carry out the TV.
    They went into the store, grabbed what they thought to be the correct tv.
    Put it on a trolley & wheeled it out to my car.
    I also got the home cinema system.
    They were sitting in boxes in the middle of the store.
    He lifted one of the boxes & walked straight to my car with it.
    Definitely no barcodes were scanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'd say risk it, those samsungs look the same and most people wouldn't even go looking at the model number hence you'd be grand waltzing back in with a problem should the need arise, some clown pulled the wrong tv off the shelf in the warehouse for u me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BoozyBabe wrote:
    Gave me my receipt & then said wait at the front of the store & he'd get someone to help him carry out the TV.
    They went into the store, grabbed what they thought to be the correct tv.
    Put it on a trolley & wheeled it out to my car.
    When you ring them, remind them that they are the ones who messed up.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote:
    When you ring them.

IF I ring them.:eek:
    I'm hoping the TV isn't going to f€ck up on me, so I won't have to contact them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Its a Samsung, its going to last a lot longer than 1 year. They're among the most reliable out there. If it was a Beko or something worse, it might be a different matter. Stick it out. Plead ignorance if you have to in a worst case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

they are bomb proof, my mate has a samsung 3 years not a bother

Advertisement