Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flossing?.

Options
  • 27-09-2007 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

I don`t know if I am doing this properly. It was recommended by my dentist who I have just moved to. When I floss the floss goes just under the gum, unfortunately afterwards my teeth/gums in part of my mouth feel quite painful. I know my gums are inflamed as at my last visit the dentist removed quite a bit of plaque.

Any ideas?.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Concentrate on flossing the sides of the teeth staying away from the gums. Senstive gums probably aren't helping.

Have a read of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

When did you start flossing? If you haven't done in before It will be a bit painful for maybe a week or so, it takes a bit of getting used to :-)

I would recommend ditching the floss that you break off to use, and get one of those oral B hummingbird flossers, they're much easier to use and a bit gentler on the gums. Also the disposable sticks with a bit of floss stretched across them are great too, don't know why people would buy the boxes of floss when these products are so much more user friendly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Thanks all,

I`ve used the stick ones before and just found it to be too unyielding. The Hummingbird Flossers?, is that an electric one, in which case I`ll avoid!. The thought of cocking it up with that makes me feel faint!.

Advertisement