Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought laptop fairly sure it was stolen!

Options
  • 26-09-2007 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey I bought an ACER laptop literally out of a car yesterday. When he said 300euro i jumped at it without even thinking the obvious.
    Is there any chance I could be in trouble for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

For god sake man, the dogs on the street no that laptops sold out of cars for mark-down prices are stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭unregd147

yea but what can I do now? Could I be in trouble? I accept i have no warrenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

unregd147 wrote:
    yea but what can I do now? Could I be in trouble? I accept i have no warrenty.

It's not a big deal to trace a computer once it's connected to the internet. There was a thread here a good while back about a person who had a laptop stolen from his house.

To cut a long story short, he managed to track the laptop to a local person who was "known to Gardai" and got his laptop back.

And that's the end of this discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement