Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Fluck - I'd Love To See This Sometime

Options
  • 26-09-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭

Wow I couldn't believe this when I saw it, I'd have loved to have been there. Does this sort of thing happen often at big airshows? I can't imagine it does.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Ha ha you have lots to learn Sir, that flyby was practiced many times in a Simulator as a poster on UKAR was at said show and they interviwed the Pilot as he flew his routine, its more of an illusion as the ground is bumpy in certain areas so it looks extremely low but in actual fact the display was flown within the Display perameters especially for "that" left bank!. Excellent flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Steyr wrote:
    Ha ha you have lots to learn Sir, that flyby was practiced many times in a Simulator as a poster on UKAR was at said show and they interviwed the Pilot as he flew his routine, its more of an illusion as the ground is bumpy in certain areas so it looks extremely low but in actual fact the display was flown within the Display perameters especially for "that" left bank!. Excellent flying!
    I can well imagine they don't let any old jock fly like that and I know airshows have restrictions and limits on what is allowed and regardless of any illusion, it's still pretty feckin' close to the ground!

BTW - I'm referring to the last half of the clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

eo980 wrote:
    I can well imagine they don't let any old jock fly like that and I know airshows have restrictions and limits on what is allowed and regardless of any illusion, it's still pretty feckin' close to the ground!

It is indeed, im going to say 50ft as it looks as low as i have flown in a Yak52 doing Aero's over Salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

looks very low indeed.probably a test or chief pilot flying at those altitudes and at those speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

Chief Captain with over 4000 on type alone.

Brilliant!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

that is freakin sweet

Advertisement