Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done Domino's

Options
  • 26-09-2007 8:09pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭

I just got a call from Domino's Pizza asking how my pizza I got delivered last night was, and they've added some free stuff to my account. Well done - it's nice to get somewhere being proactive about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,977 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Fair play to them, that seems a little unusual!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Heh, Domino's (Letterkenny) rang me a few weeks ago too asking about how happy I was with the delivery time and pizza quality.

Got a free pizza and a few garlic breads added to my account, though didn't last long :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I got the same from Dominos rathmines.
    Ordered a pizza - it took longer than they said it would so i got a follow up call the next day and some stuff added onto the account.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I once had a problem with them, where I ordered food and delivery guy came and left without calling. Eventually I waited outside for him to come and he arrived again but was very rude towards me. Pizza and stuff was cold to and he wouldnt give me any money of. So I called up and pointed it out - got the same stuff plus more free on my next order.

Apparently, the guy who took my order put down the wrong number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 jdf

So what is an acceptable delivery time - the 2 outlets where I live always take 45 - 55 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah same here, got the call from Dominos Lucan a while back, cause my pizza took "longer" to get here, I thought they were quick!

Free pizza credited to my account.. nice!

My mission is to get on their V.I.P list.. haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

After reading your reports about credit being added to your accounts and free pizzas I registered immediately as I've been phoning them for years.

However you don't seem to get the Meal Deal offers.
    For instance
    We usually order the Family Value meal .

1 large Pizza ( as many toppings as you like)
    4 drinks
    2 garlic breads

This costs €24 as opposed to €32 online.

Do they email you voucher codes to get these offers? If not I will be sticking to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Red Alert wrote:
    I just got a call from Domino's Pizza asking how my pizza I got delivered last night was, and they've added some free stuff to my account. Well done - it's nice to get somewhere being proactive about it.

Seeing as the dominos in Tallaght is the most sucsessful dominos in the WORLD (fact) the dont contribute f*** all to the community-- except for making people fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Red Alert wrote:
    I would be worried about that. They rang you to ask you how your pizza was last night and then gave you free stuff? It sounds like there was something wrong with the pizzas and are trying to keep you happy so they don't get sued or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Grawns wrote:
    After reading your reports about credit being added to your accounts and free pizzas I registered immediately as I've been phoning them for years.

However you don't seem to get the Meal Deal offers.

My credit wasn't applied to my online account (don't have one). It was applied to the telephone number account that I always phone from.

JDF - Their menu tells you what the standard delivery time is. In my branch i think its 30 minutes. Basically if it doesn't arrive in the time they tell you on the phone then they give you credit.

Axer - there is nothing sinister about it. Dominos do it all the time. Accurate delivery times is one of their selling points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

I had a call from them about a year ago to say according to their records it took 40 minutes to deliver the pizza instead of the 30 minutes they guaranteed and they said they would deduct €5 from my next order...

Its a good way for them to generate repeat business - and obviously good PR seeing as almost every post in this thread is positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Well now that I think about it they're always very fast, and we're 2 miles from the nearest.

No free pizza for me.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 red one

Happened to me as well. Pizza took ages to arrive. They rang me next day and offered to put €5 on my account. Unfortunately they never did and was too busy to get back to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

got a call from dominoes in carlow yesterday asking to confirm my order which i had not placed! have never rang them in my life and the number they rang is my new number which nobody has!! maybe someone in the phone store has been giving out my number cos i complained to head office about their service or maybe just a wrong number?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

Just a quick query on how you guys subscribed to the website.

After reading all your excellent "marketing" I decided to subscribe and can't seem to get my information to register!

Any tips?

Advertisement