Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display Driver Problem

Options
  • 26-09-2007 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Got a new laptop and it's been giving problems since yesterday, when I got it. Every so often the screen just freezes and stops working. I'm using it in safe mode to type this. Sometimes teh screen freezes for just a second and then unfreezes, but more often than not it just stops working. When it does unfreeze I get a notice from the taskbar telling me the driver "atikmdag" failed but recovered succedssfully. This started happening just a few hours after I first got it.

If it helps, I'm using Vista, ATI HD2600 256MB graphics card and have 2GB RAM. Anything anyone can do to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Anything anyone can do to help?

Get onto support. A new laptop shouldn't do that. No point in trying to muck around with it when is is this new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

You could download and install the latest ATI catalyst drivers for vista and see does that remedy the situation.

Advertisement