Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bike suggestions

Options
  • 26-09-2007 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've been away from bikes for a good few years now but am looking to get back on. Probably won't be a daily driver.

I've been looking at bikes around €5k from '00 to '02, and wanted suggestions for the most forgiving and easy to ride out of:

Kawasaki ZX 6R
    Yamaha YZF R6
    Honda CBR 600F
    Sukuki GSXR 600
    Ducati 620 supersport

(There doesn't really seem to be many 250's or 400's these days, sniff :( )

Also, I assume none of these are under the 33hp limit but can they be restricted?

Thx,
    Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I know the zx636 can be got as Factory Restricted, possibly the Gixxer6 too. Might be slightly newer varients (03-) though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,980 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The 600F (not RR) is a good all-round bike (I commuted and toured on one for 5 years, as well as lots of runs over the Wicklow Gap and a few trackdays), the others in your list are all hypersports bikes which would be frankly silly when restricted. At least the Ducati would retain a bit of low-end torque but the fours are high-revving and will be no fun at all.

If you've been away for a few years I'd recommend getting something like an SV650, CB500, etc. which won't scare you silly, lets you get a year of no-claims bonus more cheaply and won't be totally gutless when restricted. Training too of course!!!
    After a few months or a year you'll have a far better idea of what you really want and a good middle-sized bike will be easy to sell on.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Thanks for the input lads.

Ed

Advertisement