Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portarlington Swimming Pool

Options
  • 26-09-2007 11:32am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

When does it open? How much will it cost? Whats the story with the gym? Any details anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

hi was in with them the other day i think it very pricey for a community gym. 2 adults + 2 kids £1000 for pool and gym. Think it was 500 for single adult. You can pay as you go also about £7 for gym. Due open by end of Oct. There is an office in the communoty centre with al the info hths

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Thanks, seems a little pricey. I'll give it a check out when it opens, can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

rates are all here:
    http://www.portarlingtonleisurecentre.ie

i think it's very reasonable at €500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

You have to be aware though that if you take the gym only membership (without the extra 100 quid pool option) it doesn't include use of the showers and changing facilities!!

any date yet for this opening??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

http://www.laois-nationalist.ie/news/story.asp?j=26935&cat=news

See link above, could be delayed somewhat...

might get a dip by xmas so!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Madness, let the association run it. They've ran a great pool over the years and campaigned for this new establishment. (I'm a blowin to Port. So maybe i'm missing a few facts. Don't know)

Not totally sure on this but i think its open now. My daughter got a note home from school offering swimming lessons from the 16th.

undecided wrote: »
    Not totally sure on this but i think its open now. My daughter got a note home from school offering swimming lessons from the 16th.

i'll check it out tonight

• Advertisement

I drive by every night and although there's a big banner up, there is still big barrier fence things around it. Maybe this weekend is D-Day???

I drive by every night and although there's a big banner up, there is still big barrier fence things around it. Maybe this weekend is D-Day???

yeah had a look last night. same story. i heard tomorrow mentioned as opening. believe it when i see it tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pjamas

the fences are down, we,re getting close. but it,ll be wall to wall for a few weeks.alot of us need a good wash now. must be 2 years now.:D

3rd december is the new opening date now :confused:

The swimming pool is open my daughter went with school on tues. Maybe the gym opening on 3rd??

undecided wrote: »
    The swimming pool is open my daughter went with school on tues. Maybe the gym opening on 3rd??

seems the 3rd to the public according to this.
    http://www.laois-nationalist.ie/news/story/?trs=cwqlausnau&cat=news

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Anyone else here wish that they'd open either earlier in the mornings or later in the evenings?

I'd really love it if they could open around at 6am and I could get a decent workout before going to work.

I just find more and more these days, I'm getting home later and later and after commuting I'm in no humour to work-out.

I'm actually joining this week Roaster and I am with you on the early opening.

The only way I'm gonna go is to bring my gym stuff to work and go as I pass it on the way home :(

They have their 3 month offer on at the moment which apparently is being changed to a 2 month offer next week!

Advertisement