Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Phone Issue

Options
  • 25-09-2007 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,just wondering where i stand on this.

I won a nokia 5200 02 Prepay pack in a machine in an arcade,registered it ect ect and after about a month had it unlocked to put a metor sim in.

About 3 months later there seems to be a problem with the phone in that it keeps blinking on and off and freezing.Today i went to an 02 shop with the phone and told them my problem,they refused to take the phone back for repair as i had no receipt for it.

I told them where i won the phone ect and that it would have been impossible for me to get a receipt but they insisted point blank on taking the phone for repair.

Is it a case of tuff luck as the phone was won or are they obliged to take it back?There's no damage ect and the phones only 6months old so surely it's covered by a warranty of some sort?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Bring it to mprc in sandyford, www.mprc.ie.

they try to have it fixed in 3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Should i have to pay for it there though?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

O2 don't have to touch it. You didn't buy it so you have no rights. Technically, if you get a present, the person who got it for you is the one with the rights, not you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No proof of purchase, no rights, unfortunately. Anyone who asks me I always tell they should get a phone from one of the networks shops. It always makes stuff like this easier.

However, the manufacturers warrenty should still be in place, so if you bring it to a repair centre such as the telephone centre on Dawson St, they should be able to help.

And this help should be free, as long as the IMEI shows as under a year.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Bring it back to Dr.Quirkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You won't have to pay for it in mprc or any repair centre. Nokia pays them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I didn't think people ever won anything from those machines!

(yes, pointless reply .. but your question has been answered! :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Just bring it to mprc and they will do it for free in less than 3 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

since ever one else has said it, I want to look cool

bring it to MPRC in Sandyford

Advertisement