Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Blanchardstown, where to live?

Options
  • 25-09-2007 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've lived in Dublin 15 for a few years, but wouldn't mind moving further away from the city - not earning an awful lot of money, so renting somewhere cheaper would probably be a good idea. And I'm getting a bit tired of the area.

I work near Blanchardstown, and it now takes me 1h 45min - 2h to take the buses to work every day (in total, not one way). I've looked at places like Navan, Kells and Mullingar, as rent prices in those places seem more reasonable. I don't want to drive a car, so I need a location with public transport to D15. I have pretty flexible working hours and don't mind starting very early to avoid some traffic etc.

I'd be happy to hear any ideas, advice, other people's experiences, horror stories, and things like that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Cormster

Hi
    You could check out Mulhuddart. I'm not sure how the rents there compare, but as a way to guage an average, it might be useful. Maybe Clonee and Clonsilla could also be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

how on earth can living and working in d15 take you that amount of commute? tell us where you work and we offer more sensible suggestions. i live in d15 and get into town in 40 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭Polar101

Ongar - Ballycoolin. I can usually get to work in about 45 minutes (door-to-door) and back in an hour. Or cycle one way in 20-25 minutes. But D15 commuting isn't really the issue, I'm just getting a bit tired of the area.

Advertisement