Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best rides

Options
  • 25-09-2007 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just been thinking, it seems all the bike mags in england seem to have
    every month people writing in to say what the best routes to take a spin on are, listing the road markings, good pubs to stop at , even where you're likely to run accross any speed checks.
    No one seems to do that here so I thought why not start one here.
    Submit your favourite route and let the rest of us try it out and compare them.
    To start with mine is the main route from Wexford to Ballyhack, fantastic route for bends, straights, glorious scenery and you can realy open up the throttle on both the bends and the long straights. Never remember the road no. but you only go through 2 towns, Wellington Bridge and Ramsgrange.
    Anyone else been on this route ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭jellikit

Yeah , thats a nice spin alright. one of my favourites is New Ross to Borris then Bunclody via Mt. Leinster, and back to New Ross , stopping in Bowe's in Kiltealy for a refreshing beverage. Its not all that long but you need your wits about you on some of the mountain roads, and a good sense of direction as theres bugger all road signs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Irish times on Wednesday (car section) does a regular article on Irish roads.. Same roads typically apply to two wheeled vehicles..

I don't know your particular choice, but I particularly like the stretch of road from Lisdoonvarna to Oranmore (N67 - N18). Nice twisties, great scenery. Road surface can be quite uneven and you might have to put up with some tourists, but if you get it on a Sunny morning, it's a beaut..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

There is a book of routes around county cork/kerry published. Can't remember what it's called but it's pretty neat. its got long rides, short rides and rides you need a trailie for coz the roads are so crap.

and google is my friend http://www.blackwatercastle.com/moto2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Horatio

:)
    jellikit wrote:
    Yeah , thats a nice spin alright. one of my favourites is New Ross to Borris then Bunclody via Mt. Leinster, and back to New Ross , stopping in Bowe's in Kiltealy for a refreshing beverage. Its not all that long but you need your wits about you on some of the mountain roads, and a good sense of direction as theres bugger all road signs

Yeah I know that one allright, some view when you're up the top and some long drops if you're careless

Horatio wrote:
    :)

Yeah I know that one allright, some view when you're up the top and some long drops if you're careless

You got that right! What are you riding? (This is a sneaky way of finding out who you are without you giving your name out!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Horatio wrote:
    Anyone else been on this route ?
    Yes but I was in a bloody car coming back from a wedding in Passage East. I so wished I was on the bike. The road from Waterford to Dungarvan is lovely. Good surface and bends and straights galore.

jellikit wrote:
    You got that right! What are you riding? (This is a sneaky way of finding out who you are without you giving your name out!)
    That would be my lovely black CB-1, whay you riding ?

Horatio wrote:
    That would be my lovely black CB-1, whay you riding ?

Harley street bob at the mo although I bought a Bandit 12 last week. Did you just buy the CB-1 lately?

Nope, had it over 2 years now but have clocked over 60,000 miles on it
    in that time, ther are few places I haven't been on it

Horatio wrote:
    Nope, had it over 2 years now but have clocked over 60,000 miles on it
    in that time, ther are few places I haven't been on it

Thats some good mileage alright!

Anyone ever do the 2 ton run? Thats a great ride, starts in Cahir, out across the mountains to Lismore and along the coast in Waterford back to Cahir. Its been a couple of years since Idid this so I dont know if its still going. Ithink it was usually in early August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

www.irishphotorally.com

Get to see beautiful out of the way sights - different every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

was going to post grainne seoige after i saw the thread title </joke>

The road down to lara over the gap is absolutely lovely. I do a sunday morning run down there for breakfast a lot of the time. Really enjoy it.

was going to post grainne seoige after i saw the thread title </joke>

The road down to lara over the gap is absolutely lovely. I do a sunday morning run down there for breakfast a lot of the time. Really enjoy it.

Where do you start from on that route ?

Advertisement