Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ohh good stuff

Options
  • 25-09-2007 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

Wondered how this wasnt made sooner.

Anyways, I have the domain www.htireland.com and have tried SEO etc with vBSEO, google sitemaps etc etc, but there hardly has been any change in the last while.

Any decent tip to make it get a slight move along other than investing more in PPC advertising?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

I recently started a blog at http://seocormac.blogspot.com/, I think a few of the topics covered there might be useful to you if you have not considered them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Welcome guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Specify in the homepage title what the site actually does and then put the site name at the end.

i.e.
    Home Entertainment Ireland, Film Review Dublin, Home Cinema Setup - HomeTainment Ireland.

Put a link in your boards signature - boards probably gets crawled every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kerplunk.

Spankeh wrote: »
    have tried SEO etc with vBSEO, google sitemaps etc etc, but there hardly has been any change in the last while.

Any decent tip to make it get a slight move along other than investing more in PPC advertising?

You should ensure all large images have an descriptive alt tag and that your meta data content actually matches the content of your page and is not just a jumble of associated words.

You might find this search engine SEO resource useful SEO services

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

In fairness guys, you're totally missing the point with those little 'tips'.

The crux of that site is that there are only 360 members in 2 years, it's a forum website, so firstly address the issue of why there are so few members.

My Advice.

1. Ditch whatever styles you've installed and stick with one, or make your own (I advise the vbseo one if you're using one from your existing list)

2. Registration benefits & make it easy to find the registration button!!! convert visitors to members

3. Branding - Needs a (better) logo or some form of uniqueness

4. Content (is king) - You have way to many forums, cut it back a bit, then expand them if the traffic warrants it. The site is primarily Home Ent, yet only has one forum dedicated to that ? - http://www.htireland.com/hometainment-ireland/

I'd reconsider the news section, and put more emphasis on the forum, there are only 8 threads linked from the homepage, expand on that, and make it easier to read!

Thats all for now, on-site and off-site SEO are a little bit down the line...

Btw, I own www.wiffy.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement