Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: Krylon Camo paint

• 24-09-2007 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Unfortunatly ''Krylon'' has stopped manufacturing so there is nowhere to get OD krylon.

If any has any krylon there not using could you please send me a PM or post here. Will take any amount of any colour mainly looking for OD and khaki.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

fire-support have od and khaki http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=224
    ring them and see, i got mine the other week from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Hi m8,
    I cant really help you with the Krylon paint but I do work for a paint and coatings manufacturer. I'm not sure if you are looking for an aerosol or if you have access to a spraygun/airbrush...?

I've done a fair amount of respraying (everything from cars, to drum kits to real steel etc..) and intend using a matt 2k pu to respray a dboys M4 I recently bought (paint was quite patchy and poorish - I'm a fussy git:o )

It will be superior in quality /performance to the likes of Krylon but it's not capable of being used in aerosols - just airbrushes/guns. I can make any colour and will be doing a custom job over the next couple of weeks on a jg bar10.

If I can be of any help or assistance - please just let me know, I'd happily be of any help I can. (forgive the pun):)

btw, speaking of painting - I painted one of those really crappy bb holders, you know the clear plastic ones, to look a bit better. see pic. It's looks more real in real life, but hell it's better than the way it was...

(hope the pics attach):confused:
    Aidan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Cheers guys. Defender, how shiny would the paint you would use be
    ?

liamo333 wrote:
    Cheers guys. Defender, how shiny would the paint you would use be
    ?

Available in any gloss from 1 to 90%.
    MOD and DEF STAN coatings are usually about 5% to 10%(matt) - much lower and they mar and scuff easily. The plastic nade is about 40% purely cause I did it for a laugh and expected it to be in the bin... I didnt bother matting it down.

Personally for the camo job on the bar I'll be using somthing about 10-15 % gloss, just to get a bit more wear resistance. If you want to see samples of gloss levels I can get a few panels to hrta r somwhere...
    Photo's dont give a proper gloss impression. Different colours also tend to give vastly differing impressions of gloss/shine also...

If you have a colour or shine you are after I should be able to help or at least advise. (been working in the industry for 20 yrs:eek: )
    A.

Basically I'm looking for a plain matt OD paintjob for my g-spec. How much would that set me back?

• Advertisement

liamo333 wrote:
    Basically I'm looking for a plain matt OD paintjob for my g-spec. How much would that set me back?

I wouldnt paint it for £$, but if you want it painted I can do it for some technical help/advice later down the road - I'm just a n00b and I know I'm going to need help:eek: replacing springs, fixing hop-ups....
    Painting it would be a blast but it would take me a couple of days.

When you say OD I assume you mean olive drab? There are two main colours the MOD use - olive drab and there's a nato version, if you want to have a look at them I can show you panels and you can decide.

A word of warning tho. I see you guys all use silicone oil for lube and cleaning...
    this is perhaps the worst possible contaminant you could have when it comes to painting. Ususally ends up giving fish eyes, pin holes etc... can be over come but just be warned that it can be a problem.

If you are interested , just pm me, I'd be more than happy to help. God knows I'll need plenty of help from you guys...
    I am in dublin often, just pm me if you need help. If you want to spray it yourself - let me know and I can get you enough to do it.
    A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Sounds like you could make some money out of this! I plan on painting my stock, grip, and forenfof my M4... Maght be a few bob in ot for you if you can do it... say the price of a day at HRTA...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

agreed, havent got anything i want painting right now, but i might be onto you at some point to do some painting for me

would you be able to do patterns with the spraying? i.e. Camo style?

oh, and on-topic

sorry liamo, dont have any krylon, did you try airsoftscotland?

Yup there out.......forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Fire support still have some in stock

• Advertisement

Guys, as a n00b to airsoft, I'm sure I'll need loads of help and assistance in the future, as such, if I can offer any help - be it advice or even spray painting/lacquering... please feel free to use me.

I'd be happy to do it for non-profit and prefer to do it for help in return if and whenever needed. I get a buzz from airsoft and painting a few airsoft bits isnt work to me - believe me! :)

couple of points tho, camo's are a bit more tricky/slower... obviously:p
    If specific parts are required to be painted, unless the item is stripped apart, then masking is required. I've been making /painting scale models for some time and camo jobs are par for the course there... should be straight forward enough.

Any paint is only going to be as good as the coating beneath (unless it's removed), so if your paint is peeling like hell, repainting wont necessarilly sort it without alot of prep.

Painting stocks etc should be a piece of pi** (easy peasy). just let me know if you guys want anything done and I'm sure I can help.

But dont forget!!!! As sure as Christmas is comming - I'll need a few favours/help! :D but if you insist in paying :p then please give a few $$ to Crumlin Childrens Hospital, no matter how little.

It is something I have to do in spare time, so dont be too demanding!

Regarding the paint itself, I obviously wouldnt be using full MOD (ministry of defence) coatings - baked on at too high a temperature/too expensive/inappropriate etc. but the finish I'd use is designed for plastics and metal, it's two component (hardender used) and has great durability,resistance,flexability etc...

PM me if I can be of any help.:)
    Aidan.

Advertisement