Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anything about Sisvel?

Options
  • 24-09-2007 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi all,

We import MP3 players (and have done for years). Recently we have come across a Sisvel license that most manufacturers recommend that we get when getting our players made in China. Apparently the EU now require Sisvel license for all MP3 players.

I have checked with customs and a few other public places but no-one seems to know about this. I am aware that Sisvel is an Italian company that deals with some kind of music licensing but that is about the extend of my knowledge.

Anyone here know anything about it? We are in the middle of stocking up for xmas and I would not like to be stuck with a whole load of players that we cannot sell due to this licensing issue.

Cheers
    -jayo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Contact a lawyer or someone with a technical background who can give you proper advice. We're all 10 year old kids who know nothing here, you should never base such an important business decision on what we say. We don't want ya to get sued ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I agree with mutant_fruit, contact a lawyer.

Failing that If I can remember correctly, Bard I think works in a retail environment that sells portable media players he might have come across this term sisvel.

I know i haven't, as I'm just a user not a seller ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Thanks for your comments - yea, I guess a lawyer is the place to check first. We usually rely on Customs to give us advice in matters like these, but given they have never heard of it I thought it would be worth a try here :)

Thanks for your time!!

-jayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

The thing is, they could just be trying to swindle you out of money by making it sound like you need their product, that's why i recommended the lawyer approach. They'd know for certain what you do and don't need.

Advertisement