Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks in Crushees

Options
  • 24-09-2007 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Got stuck in these for an hour last friday going from limerick to galway

i'm making the same journey on friday and i really can't afford to lose any time there, to as much of an extent as possible.

so can anyone please tell me a way around them??? please!?!?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,773 ✭✭✭✭phog

Option 1. Head for Tulla and then for Gort, you come out onto the Ennis Galway road near Shanaglish (sp?). Not sure how much time you make up tho'.

Option 2. Take Ennis bypass and then a left turn for Dromore wood - take a right turn that will bring you out onto the main road again in Crusheen - not sure if this will bring you into the bottleneck of the roadwoarks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Come into Ennis at the Clare Inn turn off on the by-pass.
    Take the turn off for Lahinch between Clarecastle and Ennis.
    Keep on going straight, take a left towards Lahinch.
    Take the right turn at Fountain Cross for Corofin.
    In Corofin village take the first right (after the bridge)
    Keep on going straight, you'll end up in the square in Gort.

Should take you 20 minutes from the Cunagh (sp.) roundabout to the Clare Inn.
    10 minutes from Clare Inn to Clarecastle
    10 minutes from Clarecastle to Lahinch Road.
    20 minutes from Lahinch Road to Corofin
    20 minutes from Corofin to the center of Gort.

All in all give yourself an hour and a half. Phog's suggestion of Shanaglish will get you caught in the backlog getting into Gort as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

thanks guys. backlog going into gort is generally ok. i'll definitely give these a shot though, with the help of aa roadwatch directions. help is much apprciated

Advertisement