Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gilette Fusion stealth + blades

Options
  • 24-09-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,997 ✭✭✭✭

boots are selling the gilette Fusion stealth razor plus 5 blades (pack of four and 1 in the razor) for €16.99.

its the razor for free, not a bad deal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

event wrote:
    boots are selling the gilette Fusion stealth razor plus 5 blades (pack of four and 1 in the razor) for €16.99.

its the razor for free, not a bad deal

I know it might seem like a bargain and probably is in rip off Ireland.....But was in the states during the summer and got the razor/blades and shvgel for $11.99 and thats was a standard price not a special

Why are toileties and the likes so exspensive here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I looked into getting my razor blades on ebay before. I thought i'd hit jackpot until I saw how cheap they were.

After some research though it turns out most of them are fake.

Anybody buy them from a reputable online store cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

I used to work for Gilette, Its their marketing strategy, It gets you to buy more expensive Razor and chance it you wont go back next time and buyt Sensor version. Results showed that out of 100 people say who used to buy Sensor Razor or blades before 96 bought new more expensive version. its all about increasing value in the Category, They are masters at it. Look at all previous Razors, Sensor, Sensor Exel, mach 4 and now Fusion and now they are doing Stealth and they all give nearly same shave

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I moved back to mach three (had them all at one stage - usually gifts or special offers). I don't notice that much of a difference. Except for the price. Saying that next time i'm stateside i'm sure I'll stock up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Guess all that marketing stuff goes over my head. Still using a Mac3 for the last few years lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Screw that!

i use the 3 blade disposiable ones, cost about a fiver for 6 and closest shave Ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

My brother bought the special edition Mach 3 Turbo Red - it was the same as the grey/black one except it was RED. The stick he got over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

My brother bought the special edition Mach 3 Turbo Red - it was the same as the grey/black one except it was RED. The stick he got over it.

They were just jealous, after all he had a red razor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

Bought these two on ebay a couple of weeks ago. 100 blades (double-sided) for €14, razor itself for €16. Best shave I've ever had and for a fraction of the price. If you read up on it on the internet, shaving websites recommend this method of shaving over the "Mach-3 style" shave. I was initially worried about cutting the face off myself but no nicks so far and virtually no burn which I used to get on my neck from all other types of razor. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Double-Edge-Safety-Razor-Feather-Popular_W0QQitemZ330168995373QQihZ014QQcategoryZ31764QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ie/100-DERBY-EXTRA-DOUBLE-EDGE-SAFETY-RAZOR-BLADE_W0QQitemZ330168713282QQihZ014QQcategoryZ31764QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

p.s. Handling real razor blades comes with the added advantage of an inflated feeling of manliness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,997 ✭✭✭✭event

grand lads, while they generally are rip off, if you use the blades, its basically a razor for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I have a Mach 3 Turbo. 8 pack of blades €23+ 4 pack €13+ in Tesco so I had a look for something else. Tesco brand Dual Fit shaving system with 5 blades for €2.99. Pretty good shave maybe not just as good as the Mach 3.

Also got 400ml of Umbro shave foam for €2 in Valueking. 200ml sizes of various brands in Tesco etc cost much more and I didnt notice anything wrong with the Umbro.

Must be some sort of rip off €3 for a blade so I will not be a victim of the hype again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Dont know why people still use mach 3 and all...

Gillettes best razor for years has been the sensor excel imo..

Cant beat those Gillette Blue 2 either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Nothing wrong with Gilette Blue II's those Fusion/Mach whatever razors are for wusses:D Highly recommend King Of Shave's Gel though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

eamon234 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with Gilette Blue II's those Fusion/Mach whatever razors are for wusses:D Highly recommend King Of Shave's Gel though!

Yeah, The KOS liquidy gel stuff is a god!! Gives such a good shave..

Have to confess I'm using a Fusion these days.. BUT only because I'm a bit of a hairy bear, so I find the "trimming" blade on the back dead handy.

Advertisement