Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Licance Question

Options
  • 24-09-2007 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Im 22 and got a Full Car Licance. When I was 18 I had an NSR125 for a year and a half (crashed it!). Planning on getting a cheap 250cc bike in the coming weeks/months so I can get my Full bike licance. Question is, do I have to apply for a new provisional licance for a bike or am I grand with my Full Car Licance? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You will have to apply for a new provisional bike licence. But it depends on what the last provisional you had was.

If the last licence you had was a provisional A1 licence, you will need to apply for a new first provisional in the A category to drive a 250. This may involve doing a theory test if you haven't already done one.

If the last licence you had was a provisional A licence, you will need to apply for a second provisional in the A category (assuming that your first licence expired less than five years ago).

A full car licence does not allow you to drive a bike greater than 50cc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

what he said above, dont make he mistake i made, I was like you and crashed about 4 years ago, scared the bejebus out of me and I stayed off bikes for 3 years, when I went to apply for the licence (after doing the theory) everything went well till I got a letter back in the post saying that I had 2 licences already and had to apply for the test, cant say it was easy keeping the bike in the shed till the paperwork came thru

Advertisement