Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st Locations

Options
  • 23-09-2007 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hiya!
    I am looking to book a venue for my 21st birthday. I am hoping to book somewhere in either the Dublin City Centre or Dublin 3 or 5. Budget is tight so im looking for as cheap a place as possible to let me use the majority of the budget on food and a dj.....Any ideas??

thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Hey OP - Theres one or two other threads around on this topic -
    one of them here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055141400

They all seem to be pointing towards the higher end of the price spectrum though.

If you feel you might get better answers in the Dublin forum let me know and ill move it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Hi, i had my 21st in Scruffy Murphy's as few years ago. It's just off lower mount street (beside merrion square). The function room upstairs is free to rent out and has a piano (good for a sing along), lots of couches and tables and chairs and a projector. My dad put photos on disk and did a photo slideshow for me. When the photos weren't up they had mtv playing on silent so it looked good. I recorded my own cds instead of renting a DJ so I could play exaclt the music I wanted to hear/dance to. They had no problem with me going behind hte bar and putting the CDs on. The food was normal party food, nice enough and wasn't too expensive. People seemed to have a good night, the drinks at the bar aren't too expensive either so a lot of drinking ocurred!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

You could always make a DVD/CD of MP3s, get a portable DVD player or normal one, see if you can connect it up to the bar's house system, or if they have a dj type cd player ask if it can play MP3 disks. That way you can put over 100 songs and just leave it on random and enjoy the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Try The Excise Bar in the IFSC. Great location and not expensive.
    http://www.excisebar.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Thanks guys!!
    Really want to have a party but think its obscene to spent 600-800 euro on one night like many of my friends have....i just wanna have a night out with my family and friends and thank ppl for helping me reach 21 in one piece!! lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement